Thursday, March 29, 2012

ECall Methods

When trying to Connect to MS SQL Server 2005 through SQL Server management Studio I get an error message as follows:

ECall methods must be packaged into a system module. (mscorlib)

Visual Studio .NET 2005 is installed on the same system as this is a development workstation.

I have no idea what is causing this and any help would be much appreciated.

If you require any further details as to the nature of this, please let me know.

Thanks

Brendan

Hi Brendan,

I have exactly the same error wen trying to connect SQL Server 2005 in SQL Server management Studio.

Did you find the solution Brendan?

Thanks,

Vlad

|||

Brendan, Vlad,

Ditto for me. I was just upgrading to SP2 and now I have this problem. I'm working with tech support to resolve it. I've already removed the Workstation Components (as they suggested), but that did not help.

I'll post any solution that I find - assume you'll do the same Smile

Coston

|||

Just to let you guys know the solution I used in resolving this problem.

I had to uninstall and reinstall .NET 1.1 and 2.0 frameworks.

Then I applied their service packs and ran the add and remove program to

repair the .NET 2.0 framework.

I can now connect successfully to all the sql server databases using management studio.

|||Repair install of .NET framework 2.0 solved this issue for me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment