Thursday, March 29, 2012

Edit and Continue while Debugging Script Task

Hi all,

I have a simple question: is it possible to use Edit and Continue feature when debugging a script task in VSA?

It seems to me that after breaking the execution of the script task and adding some code in break mode, whole edit disappears after leaving VSA environment.

I have enjoyed the Edit and Continue feature when developing in VBA, so I am wondering if it is available in VSA.

Thank you very much for the answer!

Marek Stefanek

Hi Marek,

Though you can re -debug from your edit point, SSIS is designed not to allow changes to be saved during runtime. So better copy all the changes you do into an editor before exiting from the Debug mode

Thanks

Subhash Subramanyam

|||

Thank you, Subhash.

Although it is not a good news for me, at least it saved me from time consuming searching on the web :-)

Regards,

Marek

No comments:

Post a Comment