Thursday, March 29, 2012

EDB on WM. Do Do sort Orders generate index tables?

Hi,

I am developing database support for my application and I am using EDB. I would like to use sort orders to make the code easier but I was wondering if sort orders generate index tables. I mean, do they only sort the records during addition or they also generate index tables to speed up queries. In other words, do they make the database file bigger?
In the MSDN documentation I can not find anything on this.

Thanks,
GiulioHi, does anybody know the answer?
I am stuck with this.

thanks,
giulio|||

Hi Giulio2000

Moving to Sql Server compact edition forum where it has got better chances of being answered.

-Thanks,

|||

Yes, indexs do get generated. You can create a sort order and then specify the sort order you want to use while opening the database. EDB supports up to 16 different sort orders.

Manish Agnihotri

Program Manager

SQL Compact

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment