Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Easy User Question

I have a user set up on a SQL 200 server, which I am using to connect to a
database from an ASP.NET application I am making.
When I run the application from the same system as the database is on, the
connection works correctly ( my connection string is:
user id=BlueMaster;data source=BLUE;initial
catalog=BlueSky;password=bluerocks
)
but when I try to connect when running the application off another system,
the connection fails. What do I have to do to set up the user so the
connection will work from remote systems'
ThanksCheck you are using SQL server and Windows authentication in SQL Server (the
defualt is Windows only)
Do this from Enterprise manager - right click the server name, go to
properties and the Security tab. If you do have to change the mode you will
be prompted to restart SQL Server - this is necessary for the security
setting to take effect. If this is not the problem, can you please post the
error message coming back
"Ryan" <web@.balancestudios.com> wrote in message
news:e5321K71DHA.1100@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
quote:

> I have a user set up on a SQL 200 server, which I am using to connect to a
> database from an ASP.NET application I am making.
> When I run the application from the same system as the database is on, the
> connection works correctly ( my connection string is:
> user id=BlueMaster;data source=BLUE;initial
> catalog=BlueSky;password=bluerocks
> )
> but when I try to connect when running the application off another system,
> the connection fails. What do I have to do to set up the user so the
> connection will work from remote systems'
> Thanks
>
|||What error message do you get when it fails?
Rand
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment