Friday, February 24, 2012

Dynamic Suppression

Greetings gurus!

Here is a pretty straightforward issue:

Using CR 8.5, I have a report where I have a Details A and a Details B.

Details A = Contains all of the actual field records
Details B = Just a series of dotted separator lines, basically each field from A has a corresponding light grey dotted line underneath it in B.

Well, this is all well and good, but I also have a page footer which has a dark line the width of the page. So whenever it gets to the bottom of a page, I end up with my dotted separator right above the dark page footer line, which looks messy!

I can stop it from printing on the very last record by just adding to the X-2 for Suppress of the Details B: not OnLastRecord

BUT, this doesn't stop the issue with it printing for the last detail record per page!

I considered adding an arbitrary counter to try to limit/define the number of records per page, which would allow me to increment a counter for tripping the suppression, but I have several fields which are set to 'can grow' and thus Page 1 might fit 5 records but Page 2 might fit 10 depending on the dataset being fed at report run time!

Any suggestion for the gurus are much appreciated!

:-)

Ethereal1hi,

I give u alternative solution, change the display sequence of your detail section.
put detail section b (gray dotted line) first and write supperss (section) condition onfirstRecord, then display ur another section A (data)

try with this

-Yags

No comments:

Post a Comment