Friday, February 24, 2012

Dynamic Text in Group Headers

I'm woirking in SSRS 2005. I'm looking for a way to add "(Continued...)" to
a group header when the group spans multiple pages. When I used to use
Crystal Reports 8.5 this was very simple to do uising the
"InRepeatedGroupHeader" built in function. I have not been able to find
anything like this in SSRS. I've seen several people asking for the same
thing on MSDN but no solutions. Any ideas on how this can be done in SSRS?tachtenberg wrote:
> I'm woirking in SSRS 2005. I'm looking for a way to add "(Continued...)" to
> a group header when the group spans multiple pages. When I used to use
> Crystal Reports 8.5 this was very simple to do uising the
> "InRepeatedGroupHeader" built in function. I have not been able to find
> anything like this in SSRS. I've seen several people asking for the same
> thing on MSDN but no solutions. Any ideas on how this can be done in SSRS?
Try Something like this:
=IIF(Globals!PageNumber > 1,Globals!ReportName &" (Continued)"
,Globals!ReportName)
-MM|||That will not work because some groups span more than one page and others do
not. Page numbering does not reset with each group.
"Michael" wrote:
> tachtenberg wrote:
> > I'm woirking in SSRS 2005. I'm looking for a way to add "(Continued...)" to
> > a group header when the group spans multiple pages. When I used to use
> > Crystal Reports 8.5 this was very simple to do uising the
> > "InRepeatedGroupHeader" built in function. I have not been able to find
> > anything like this in SSRS. I've seen several people asking for the same
> > thing on MSDN but no solutions. Any ideas on how this can be done in SSRS?
> Try Something like this:
> =IIF(Globals!PageNumber > 1,Globals!ReportName &" (Continued)"
> ,Globals!ReportName)
>
> -MM
>|||My bad. I didn't read the question slow enough. I thought it seemed a
little too easy.
Anyway, I did find this that might be what you need.
http://blogs.msdn.com/chrishays/archive/2006/09/27/ContinuedHeader.aspx
tachtenberg wrote:
> That will not work because some groups span more than one page and others do
> not. Page numbering does not reset with each group.
> "Michael" wrote:
>> tachtenberg wrote:
>> I'm woirking in SSRS 2005. I'm looking for a way to add "(Continued...)" to
>> a group header when the group spans multiple pages. When I used to use
>> Crystal Reports 8.5 this was very simple to do uising the
>> "InRepeatedGroupHeader" built in function. I have not been able to find
>> anything like this in SSRS. I've seen several people asking for the same
>> thing on MSDN but no solutions. Any ideas on how this can be done in SSRS?
>> Try Something like this:
>> =IIF(Globals!PageNumber > 1,Globals!ReportName &" (Continued)"
>> ,Globals!ReportName)
>>
>> -MM|||On Jan 18, 2:25=A0pm, Michael <Mich...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> My bad. I didn't read the question slow enough. I thought it seemed a
> little too easy.
> Anyway, I did find this that might be what you need.http://blogs.msdn.com/=
chrishays/archive/2006/09/27/ContinuedHeader.aspx
>
> tachtenberg wrote:
> > That will not work because some groups span more than one page and other=s do
> > not. =A0Page numbering does not reset with each group.
> > "Michael" wrote:
> >> tachtenberg wrote:
> >> I'm woirking in SSRS 2005. =A0I'm looking for a way to add "(Continued=...)" to
> >> a group header when the group spans multiple pages. =A0When I used to =use
> >> Crystal Reports 8.5 this was very simple to do uising the
> >> "InRepeatedGroupHeader" built in function. =A0I have not been able to =find
> >> anything like this in SSRS. =A0I've seen several people asking for the= same
> >> thing on MSDN but no solutions. =A0Any ideas on how this can be done i=n SSRS?
> >> Try Something like this:
> >> =3DIIF(Globals!PageNumber > 1,Globals!ReportName &" (Continued)"
> >> ,Globals!ReportName)
> >> -MM- Hide quoted text -
> - Show quoted text -
Also, here's white paper that shows (among other things) how to reset
page numbers when groups change.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb395166.aspx|||I've looked at Chris's work around. Unfortunately, there are other items
above the table I need the repeated group headers in so it will not work.
"Michael" wrote:
> My bad. I didn't read the question slow enough. I thought it seemed a
> little too easy.
> Anyway, I did find this that might be what you need.
> http://blogs.msdn.com/chrishays/archive/2006/09/27/ContinuedHeader.aspx
>

No comments:

Post a Comment