Sunday, February 26, 2012

Dynamic Transformations

Hi

I have a dts that is creating a table with not a fixed number of columns. The number of colums depend on a couple of factors based on the data that I'm pulling from other tables.

After some processing I need to dump all the data in the "dynamic" table into an excel doc. My problem is with the transformations within the transform data task. I don't know how many fields I will have in my table and this needs to be mapped to columns within the excel doc. Is it possible to programmatically define the transformations within an activeX script or what can I do.

Thanks

Johnnie

SSIS does not support dynamic metadata. The best that could be done is to have a package for each dynamic type (if this is feasible, i.e. there are a finite number of dynamic types) and then have a master package that picks which of these "dynamic" packages to execute.

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment